Harris County SO Deputy Killed

Moderator: plinker

plinker
Lifetime Member

Harris County SO Deputy Killed

Post by plinker » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:19 pm

I am sure some of you might have heard about a HCSO Deputy who was also a Sikh, was gunned down during a traffic stop. The Deputy, Sandeep Dhaliwa, was with the department for 10 years already. Being killed in cold blood, shooting the Deputy in the back of the head, later being arrested by another deputy that was in the area.

Here is the article if you want to read the full: https://nypost.com/2019/09/27/trailblaz ... ffic-stop/

I think what we can learn from this tragedy is, NEVER turn your back to anyone you come in contact with, whether a traffic stop or call. You need to always have the person(s) in your sight. I remember all my R/As that I have done whether with LAPD, VCSO, UCPD, APD, LASD, the Deputy/Officer always walked backwards to his patrol vehicle. Of course be safe while doing it and don't trip. We can never know the intentions of anyone.

Ken Roybal
Background Investigator

Re: Harris County SO Deputy Killed

Post by Ken Roybal » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:21 am

This was heartbreaking news. :(
*LAPD 1980-2003
*Background Investigator-Assigned to LAPD Background Unit 1997-2001
*LAPD Background Investigator (Personnel Department) 2006-2018
*City of Los Angeles LAPD Background Investigation-Subject Matter Expert
*Owner of policebackground.net
Instagram: la_backgrounds13

Your background review is now available at www.policebackground.net. Find out what you need to know to pass your own background investigation. Let's get you hired!

plinker
Lifetime Member

Post by plinker » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:41 pm

Indeed it was and still is. The video of me seeing him laugh and smile with his son in the restaurant brought tears to my eyes.

Ken Roybal
Background Investigator

Post by Ken Roybal » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:21 pm

plinker wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:41 pm
Indeed it was and still is. The video of me seeing him laugh and smile with his son in the restaurant brought tears to my eyes.
I saw that. The deputy seemed like the real deal. Just a genuinely nice person. I only know what I've read so far, but it looks like the suspect just walked up behind him and shot. I'm getting tired of reading these stories.
*LAPD 1980-2003
*Background Investigator-Assigned to LAPD Background Unit 1997-2001
*LAPD Background Investigator (Personnel Department) 2006-2018
*City of Los Angeles LAPD Background Investigation-Subject Matter Expert
*Owner of policebackground.net
Instagram: la_backgrounds13

Your background review is now available at www.policebackground.net. Find out what you need to know to pass your own background investigation. Let's get you hired!

plinker
Lifetime Member

Post by plinker » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:35 am

Ken Roybal wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:21 pm
plinker wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:41 pm
I saw that. The deputy seemed like the real deal. Just a genuinely nice person. I only know what I've read so far, but it looks like the suspect just walked up behind him and shot. I'm getting tired of reading these stories.
Yep, suspect walked up behind the Deputy and shot him point blank in the back of the head. I honestly in my opinion think we should start doing the death penalty of killing cops. No jails, no prison, straight to death penalty.

Return to “Officer Down Notifications”