PFQ

All about CAPs. Locations, times, where to purchase equipment, etc. * Registered members only *
Charlie2017
5+ Member

PFQ

Post by Charlie2017 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:58 pm

Hello! I have completed the PQE and I have a phone interview set up to go over my PHS. So, I figure I should take the PFQ next week so I don’t have to wait til April. My question is what days next week is the PFQ offered and how does the rain affect that? I keep looking up the weather and it says rain all week except Monday. So, I should aim to go on Monday in case it rains the other days?

Pewshot
75+ Member

Post by Pewshot » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:58 pm

I believe they do the PFQ rain or shine. I’ve done it with them in the rain a couple years back. I believe they have the PFQ every day at different locations. For example, I attended the Devonshire location which is on Tuesdays and thursdays.

Charlie2017
5+ Member

Post by Charlie2017 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:13 pm

Thanks, I will just plan on taking it Monday to get it out of the way. This will be my first time going to CAPS and I signed up on eventbrite, is there anything I should know before going?

Pewshot
75+ Member

Post by Pewshot » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:57 am

Nothing to know really, you just do PT for about 2-3 hours. 1.5 hours is stretching before and after anyways, mostly consists of running/Calisthenics. They do it in a very academy like style, meaning standing in formation, drills, left face/right face, instructors get in your face making sure you shaved and have proper CAPS uniform on. You can find the CAPS uniform instructions online.

plinker
Lifetime Member

Post by plinker » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:54 am

if you're going to the EP CAP, you will sign in with a CAP Instructor at the benches. You will have to sign a waiver form only once, and sign your name in a big binder with emergency contact also.

EP CAP starts around 5:40pmish with the warm ups. Consists of movements phases etc. You as a new applicant at CAP you will be trained separately then you will fall in with the group. You will do 4 laps around the track with a cadence beat etc. You will then fall into the field and stand at attention. Squad Leaders will check you etc... You will do warm ups for 10 mins at max. After that you will line up to run. Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. You will always be in the beginner group until you yourself are ready for a challenge. Beginner usually run anywhere from 2-4 miles, yes its up hills and downhills too. If you guys mess up you might end up doing pushups in the middle of the street.

After coming back from the run to Academy ground, you will be given 2 mins to re-hyrdrate and do your thing. You will fall in on the field and well, do exercise. Push-ups, sit ups, crunches, planks, Jumping Jacks, squats, sprints, etc... and my all time favorite exercise "Killers"

it goes until 8:30 PM, which the last 30 mins is for check-in. Listen for your last name and a piece of advice.. it's always Yes/No Sir, Yes/No Ma'am. If you know their rank you can call them Sgt. Never say "okay" as an answer or "yea".

Charlie2017
5+ Member

Post by Charlie2017 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:33 pm

Thanks everyone. I will be attending CAPS tomorrow night at ARTC. I tried to get a grey sweatshirt but I wasn’t able to find one. But I do have a white shirt (no name on it yet), shorts, and sweatpants, hopefully, I won’t stand out too much.

flak
25+ Member

Post by flak » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:35 pm

Charlie2017 wrote:Thanks everyone. I will be attending CAPS tomorrow night at ARTC. I tried to get a grey sweatshirt but I wasn’t able to find one. But I do have a white shirt (no name on it yet), shorts, and sweatpants, hopefully, I won’t stand out too much.
They won't oust you for not having the right uniform if it's your first time. They give a few weeks leeway to get all the uniforms together.

Pewshot
75+ Member

Post by Pewshot » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:13 pm

They’ll just call you by “Orientationâ€￾ like they did to me lol

Return to “CAP Help Section”