Cop Killer is a deputy's son

Moderator: plinker

Ken Roybal
Background Investigator

Cop Killer is a deputy's son

Post by Ken Roybal » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:02 am

(CNN)The 18-year-old suspect arrested in the shooting death of Alabama sheriff "Big John" Williams is the son of a Montgomery County sheriff's deputy, the county sheriff's department told CNN.

William Chase Johnson was arrested around midnight Saturday after returning to the same gas station where Lowndes County Sheriff Williams was shot, Sgt. Steve Jarrett said. A handgun was taken from him, Jarrett said. Johnson is currently being held without bond in Elmore County Jail.

Williams was responding to a call at a gas station when he was killed.

"We in Alabama's law enforcement community mourn the loss of a dedicated brother," Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Secretary Hal Taylor said in a Sunday statement. "Not only was Lowndes County Sheriff 'Big John' Williams a committed man of the law, but he was kind and loved by many."
Williams is the fifth Alabama law enforcement officer of the state to die from gunfire in the line of duty in the past year, Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall said.

"Serving the public in the role of a peace officer is a difficult calling, fraught with peril, yet thankfully many Alabama men and women choose to answer the call, often time putting their lives in danger to protect us," Marshall said in a statement.
The governor said Williams, through his time in the US Marines and as a law enforcement official, "dedicated his life to keeping other people safe."
"He will be remembered as a consummate professional and pillar of his community," Gov. Kay Ivey said.

Full story: https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/25/us/alaba ... index.html
*LAPD 1980-2003
*Background Investigator-Assigned to LAPD Background Unit 1997-2001
*LAPD Background Investigator (Personnel Department) 2006-2018
*City of Los Angeles LAPD Background Investigation-Subject Matter Expert
*Owner of policebackground.net
Instagram: la_backgrounds13

Your background review is now available at www.policebackground.net. Find out what you need to know to pass your own background investigation. Let's get you hired!

plinker
Lifetime Member

Re: Cop Killer is a deputy's son

Post by plinker » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:37 am

Wow, I was not expecting to read what I just read. May he rest in peace and may justice be served to a maximum for this. I wonder what is going through the fathers head right now and I cant even imagine what is going through the victims family.

Payers going out to the deceased family members.

Return to “Officer Down Notifications”